But here's a quick overview:
- We rung in 2015 with the news of my mom having breast cancer
- Tried my best to focus on both coming home as much as possible but also focus on graduating
- Finished probably the most stressful quarter of my life in March
- In April, Went back and forth from Torrance to UCLA everyday for 2.5 weeks to be at the hospital for Nanay
- Nanay died in May
- Had to deal with SPCN stuff and SPCN itself even though Nanay passed away a week and a half before production ...
- I "graduated" in June 2015
- By "graduated" I mean, I walked but still had one more class in the summer
- Turned 22 in July
- First birthday without Nanay
- First time not getting a call from Nanay on my birthday
- Graduated in August 2015
- Still in disbelief about Nanay passing away *emphasis on still
- Post-grad is the realest and one of the most mentally fucked up feelings (lol, still in progress)
- October, celebrated my decade with Derek *yay a highlight*
- October, got my internship with Jeffrey Campbell *unpaid, le sigh
- September, got hired part time working for UCLA Women's Basketball *part-time ... le sigh
- November, first Thanksgiving without Nanay
- December, first Christmas without Nanay
- *constantly applied to jobs since the start of Spring Quarter in March*
- *still applies to more and more jobs*
- December 31 - got a haircut and my hair dyed in the process of getting the hair I actually wanted *this is a symbol of my "new year new me shit" or me just trying to get the fuck over the past with new shit haha
- And to wrap up the sadness: a lot of people that I love, have grown up with, and even those i've grown very fond of have lose some of the most important people in their lives and I can't help but push this year out of the way and wish happiness to everyone and their families the best that 2016 can bring.
I've decided to try my best to do a post a day, no matter how insignificant my day was, I wanted to at least write one sentence a day or take one photo a day just to look back at SOMETHING. Anything.
- So here's my first post -
With it being January 1st, I kind of actually felt bad that I didn't visit my other grandma's grave because today was her birthday ... however with this year losing the grandma that actually knew who I was and actually took the time to get to know me and actually called me on my birthday every year, I just feel like I needed to ring in this new year with her.
But other than visiting Nanay, I didn't do much. I stayed in bed. Fell asleep and woke up to find myself here at home.
January 1, 2016. Before you know it, it will be January 1, 2017 ...
As cliche as this is, I hope that 2016 brings many blessings and hopefully it wasn't as shitty as 2015 was for my family.



No comments:
Post a Comment