treading

So I wanted to try to express myself through poem.

I've been wanting to just get more creative and open up more outlets for myself so I thought that this was a cool way to start. So here's a random poem I just wrote on the spot - it's called "treading".

_____________________________________________________

through these darkest waters
i will tread

with light so far from my reach
my heart stays open

while the stars fade in city lights
i will stand with my eyes wide open

i'm stuck in the light of others
yet my own light won't spark

though i tread through the darkest waters
my fear remains

will i ever achieve
or will i dream forever

dream the impossible
dream the impractical

i'll dream all the above
experience the heartbreak of reality

but i will tread the waters
my heart will stay open
i will stand with my eyes wide open
and even if my own light won't spark
and my fear will remain
i will tread

_____________________________________________________

As of right now, I'm experiencing the post-grad blues and it's kind of mentally mind boggling. The poem is just a snippet of how I feel and how much I must persevere for only myself and no one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment