"To days of inspiration"
If you don't know where that's from, please stop reading my blog and get a life. (Lol just kidding, not really)
Anyways, back to that. Yes, to the days of inspiration. Constantly, I find myself being inspired by everything around me, and today was one of those days. Today, even though all I did was work, my creative juices were flowing like no other (but of course, I couldn't do anything much about it since I was working and now I kind of forgot about the exact thoughts I was having. Crud. Don't you hate that? Upp, there goes me on another tangent). But I guess today, today was a day of inspiration. I started off my day at work (Marketing) and helping my boss take down all these posters around the store and we talked about how I got to be apart of the journey of redesigning the store. How awesome is that? That's honestly something I can see myself doing in the future. NO, not designing stores, but designing in general. It got me inspired.
I've honestly been thinking about where I will end up in two years once I graduate, and I have seriously been thinking that getting away from LA will be an amazing, scary, and rewarding experience. My choices, New York, San Francisco, and Paris. The lands of design and where the culture is honestly so different yet inspiring. BUT, Los Angeles honestly has all that as well, which is honestly breaking me right now. BUT, inspiration can be anywhere we honestly set our hearts towards right? RIGHT.
Anyways, back to design. It's honestly something I see myself designing for the rest of my life. Whether it's advertisements, magazines, or anything of the such ... I'd just be so happy to find a company that would enjoy my simplistic aesthetic. I know that it's very ambitious of me to dream of a dream this far out of my reach, but I really hope someday that my hard work will pay off.
I think another thing that inspired me today has to be this movie: Water for Elephants.
Must I say, I fucking love Los Angeles. I hate that I forgot my camera today so here's some high end iPhone quality photos for ya cool cats out there. Had the best time with my fame/bestest friend here at LA, Jetrina. From great talks to honestly just catching up, I can say that she's honestly the one person that made my first year in college a great one. I already know this girl will be a life long friend. She's honestly one of the only people at UCLA that I never feel awkward with (and believe me, I'm one awkward cat). AND to go with the theme of today's blog of inspiration, Jetrina is honestly such an inspirational person. You know, she's one of the stronger people I know and I definitely admire her and look up to her. She's probably never going to see this blog, but Famz, you truly are someone I look up to and I'm so glad I have met you. One day, I aspire to be as strong and humble as you.
The agenda for today was:
- Go to the Grove to watch the Backstreet Boys (FAILED)
- Eat at the Cheesecake Factory at the Grove (FAILED)
- Eat at Roscoe's instead (Jetrina's first time = SUCCESS!)
- Try Scoops for the very first time! (SUCCESS!)
Welp, this blog obviously wasn't as insightful as I would have wanted it to be, but you never know ... I MIGHT JUST WRITE MORE LATER TONIGHT!
Oh shit, one last thing...
My school is fucking beautiful.


No comments:
Post a Comment