Before I get to these movie reviews, dinner is served bitches.
(Photo taken at Bottega Louie in DTLA | iPhone quality ain't too shabby, aye?)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So since it's summer and I've basically been on that summer grind (other than working all damn week and day), I've been trying to watch movies that I've been planning on watching or re-watching for a very long time. (Oh and this is irrelevant, but my next relationship or even the man I marry HAS TO LOVE WATCHING MOVIES, if not ... sorry you ain't worth it honey). Here's just a few that I've found to be very heart warming/breaking all at the same time.
 |
| Here goes this movie. Yes, I watched this. AND YES, I LOVED IT. I think the reason why I loved it so much was because I felt like she was honestly so real. It's not a spoiler when we all know that the film involved her divorce with her former husband Russell Brand. And let me tell you, Katy Perry is one strong ass woman. For her to break down so much before her biggest show on her tour yet have to deal with the fact that her marriage basically ended, she still sucked it up and sang her heart out to her fans. I mean, let me tell you, I have a weak heart when I see others crying ... but for some reason this was different. I think it's because I totally get it. Katy Perry seems to definitely be the type of woman who cares so much about the world around her and she definitely seemed to put herself last (oh that sounds so familiar ... my life perhaps?). I couldn't deal with the fact that she basically pour her heart and soul to her marriage, but nothing was reciprocated. I couldn't deal. She's an amazing woman that I definitely would love to meet. She honestly is the epitome of "STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WE HERE". I honestly admire her strength, her determination, and her dreams. Like her, I believe in fairytales. But, like her as well, I also now believe that fairytales are just tales and that we can never always get what we want. Overall, I loved this movie. She's definitely one artist that I would love to meet someday and just talk. Amazing woman. Amaaazzzinnggggg. |
 |
I can't. This film ...
Jesus, why didn't I watch this sooner? This film honestly ached my heart. It truly brought me not only to tears, but it got my body to a shivering numbness (that makes sense, okay). This film truly showed how ignorant the world is. I mean, I already know that the world is ignorant but it just erks me that at a point in time ... this was all real. I can't ever imagine treating anyone like they are an "abomination" to the world. No one should ever feel, think, or be called that ever. Through innocence, we learn how corrupt the world really is. I can honestly go on and on about how fucked up the world is, but just to watch this film if you haven't already It shouldn't matter what we look like, what our backgrounds are, and what we think we know or learn about from history or in books. All that honestly matters is that we are all people. No one is less or greater than one. It honestly pains me how the world can be so cruel. |
 |
| Oh the joy of this film. This was a film that I decided to re-watch. One of my favorite films is Big Fish (my favorite film to be exact). So I decided to google similar films to Big Fish and this came up. Last time I watched this was when it first came out in 2004 when I was eleven years old in sixth grade. I'd like to say that I had no idea what was going on in the film because I probably wasn't as intrigued with deconstructing films or literature back then. But re-watching it, I FUCKING LOVED IT. Yes, when I curse, that means serious business my friend. I'm a sucker for storytelling, for dreaming, for imagination. From this film, I've learned that through hardships, it honestly shapes us to who we become and who we want to be. And it can honestly be a downfall for us as well, because it may be the exact reason why we cannot fully be content with life. I've also learned that growing up isn't always sunshines and daisies. I must live my youth and I hope someday, my children bring out the child in my once again as I get older. I hope to always be a child at heart and to always have an imagination and to keep on dreaming. Because you know what, dreaming is important. It's so important to have dreams. Dreaming shapes your ambitions. I know for a fact that if I didn't dream for myself, I wouldn't be where I am today. I'm constantly dreaming about the life I have for myself and the goals I want to achieve. Without dreams, I feel like I'd be miserable just following whatever everyone else wants/expects of me. (Whoa, did I just go out of context ... RAMBLING, OKAY BACK TO THE FILM). The film was amazing. Watching it as a twenty year old as apposed to an eleven year old honestly makes a difference. Overall, I loved this film. I love the whimsical feeling. I love the adventure. I love the joy. Like I said, I'm a sucker for storytelling. Nothing makes me happier than taking your adventures you've created in your dreams and finding the relations and symbols that it represents in the real world around you. Watch this film now. I loved it. |
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
To end this nicely, I love movies. I honestly need to immerse myself in greater films though. I need suggestions for films. OH, and I also love reading, so any recommendations would be lovely.
Disclaimer to my blog btw: I tend to write multiple blogs within one day. It's just easier to think about something and write it as apposed to waiting towards the end of the day and then just forgetting it all and just getting tired of typing.
No comments:
Post a Comment