That still amazes me.
I think I just need to take the time to realize that I am good enough and that people will want me for the content I put out there into the world ... and you have no idea how much that excites me. I'm entranced by the idea of living my dreams. You know, I always thought this was just a hobby that will pass over me, but designing has changed my life and perspective on everything around me. I observe more. I appreciate how things are made. I appreciate the effort now. I use to be so critical about how 3D animation and simulations looked so fake in movies until I finally started taking 3d animation courses and now I applaud the hard work and time that is being slaved to make the best product they can. It's hard work folks. Respect the design of a great fork. Respect the design of the simple chair that sits so perfectly and forms to your body the way you never thought would matter ... because in does.
I'm so thankful for all the opportunities that have been offered to me and you all have no idea how thankful I am to even get one email from any company. I'm never one to say this, but I'm actually really proud of myself. I'm so excited to learn more and to just grow as a designer and a person.
I just want to end this with this quote I read from one of the articles I had to read for class:
"The secret of happiness is this: let your interests be as wide as possible,
and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you be as
far as possible friendly rather than hostile." - Bertrand Russel
I'm constantly reminded everyday that my interests matters and I'm so blessed to be in a department that lets me think for myself and create things that matter to me. I hope that someday whatever I make or whatever medium I decide to take up ... that I'm doing it for the soul purpose of love and hopefully it will change someone's life the way it has for me.
Let's all make it a point this year to give ourselves some credit. Self love will definitely be an addition to my new years resolutions, oh and reading more ... because that's always important.

No comments:
Post a Comment