tell me what you think beauty is

Because I've honestly never seen my mom look more beautiful. She is bare and it is her -- I love it. You know, I've always found people who deal with illnesses shine brighter than they did before they were even diagnosed. It's this light of strength that raidiates through them. My mom has always been beautiful, but honestly, she's taking all of this cancer bullshit so much better than I thought. 

If you knew my mom at all, you would know she loves to take pictures and looking pretty is always something that is in the back of her mind. I mean, she sends her #ootd's and #selfie's to me and my sister just to approve it. So you can just imagine how she handled loosing her hair. So Friday morning, she decided to just shave it all off. 

Like i've said before, I've always been the positive person in my mom's life. I always make her laugh and I'm always the daughter that constantly makes the effort to actually talk to my mom about my life (even before this diagnosis). Soo I always tell her to look on the bright side. I reminded her how much she hated her white hair, so I told her "Well at least you don't have white hair anymore!" It made her feel so much better and positivity is all my mom needs (a constant reminder that I keep pushing to my relatives .... but they still don't get it). 

But let me back track to my point. You know, my mom looks great and I'm just so proud of her. She's honestly so much stronger than I thought. Ugh. She's beautiful and always has been. Losing her hair changes nothing. 

Tell me what beauty is, because my mom will always be the definition of beauty to me.


3 comments: