new year, new plans!

I feel like I definitely started off the year right with the people I love so much.

With that being said, one of my resolutions this year to to connect with old friends and just make time to sit down, talk, and just immerse myself with good energies. I've been telling myself for years that I would take the time to grow more relationships with others because I'm so stuck in the same friend group (which, of course, is not a bad thing), but there's so many people I've been trying my best to reconnect with that I need in my life again.

People like my "parents" Jayzel and Earvin. I will always and forever be thankful for them. Also, I really just want to make it a point to just meet new people and have more adventures.

So starting off this new year with my best friends with hiking, brunch, and just being out and about was a great way to motivate me towards going out even more and even growing more relationships that are as strong as the relationships I have with them.




Now another resolution I have for myself is to try my best to at least read one book a month. 

It doesn't sound hard, BUT with time and other commitments that I have, I know I might put it off. BUT, I'm trying my best to stick with this one because I need to look away from the computer once in awhile (because all I do is look at the computer all day because of work). 

Sooooo, I started Wildflower by Drew Barrymore and just within an hour I got up to page 50 because I kept wanted to read more. I think I love the book so far because her stories and the way she writes just makes me feel like i'm talking to her. I mean, the amount of times she curses and says "fuck it" makes me love her even more than I already do. Can't wait to finish it up!

Drew even states in her preface that she wants this book to be a feeling - whether it is sad feeling, a happy feeling, or just content that makes you remember or think of something that you've related to or can just have a heart to heart with, this book contains her stories and I'm sooooo drawn in so far!


So, like I stated the other day, I dyed my hair and I am (again) in the process of making my hair gray.

With that being said, I actually started this year with treating myself to a little something something. That's another resolution for myself. I always tend to forget that I deserve a little love too, so I'm trying my best to remember to love myself this year! And let's all be real, I think we forget to give ourselves wiggle room to put ourselves first, so I think it will be a very weight lifting experience to finally give myself the love I deserve. (Oh, and after all this hair stuff is done, this is the last time I'll allow to treat myself because another resolution of mine is to save money as well lol). Anyways back to this hair!

With the first time doing my hair gray, it was a major fail and the work done to my hair really damaged my hair. It was all my fault going to a girl that worked from home and I just put all my trust in her, BUT this time around i'm getting it done more professionally and I'm taking this process waaaayyy slower so my hair won't get damaged!

But as of where it is right now, I actually really love the lightness of the color! But I'm also very excited to get to the next process of my hair color! (And this time, It will be a full head of gunmetal gray!)

If you know me at all, my one addiction is dying and cutting my hair. (Oh, also got a haircut as well so my hair is shorter than ever haha). I don't do much to fix myself up, so if there's something that I like to change up, it's my hair. 


Anywhooo, I think it's really great that I'm trying my best to blog everyday. I think it's actually really good for me and helps me just talk about the random things I have on my mind that I feel like I can't really just bring up to people in a text message then just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment