You know, I'm all about comfort. I don't want to have to try and dress nicely if it's not going to make me feel comfortable in my own shell as I walk through my day. I'm about the leisure of being comfy - the clothes that just work for me and my body type.
I get it. I don't dress the girliest nor do I give a fuck about it, but I'm here to say that I'm not going to dress like someone I'm not just to please someone. I don't need to impress anymore - I don't even want to impress anyone. I like the way I dress. I like the way my clothes drape over my body. I like that my clothes are oversized. I love my shoes. I like my hats and beanies. I like the way I dress because it's what makes me, me. I don't need to go out of my way to dress "nicely" because my idea of nice is just black jeans, an oversized shirt, vans, a cool jacket perhaps (let's be real, probably a flannel), and maybe I'll go ahead and throw my beanie into the mix.
You know, a lot of the way I dress is known to be more "masculine", which I definitely don't agree with but that's just how the world perceives this kind of shit. I actually see myself as a feminine woman and since when was it not feminine to wear normal clothes? When it comes to dresses, I'll wear an oversized dress that basically gives me no curves what so ever, but that's what looks best on my body type and I understand the curves and structure of my body to realize that. So no, I don't like cinched waisted dresses nor do body con dresses look appealing on my body.
I understand that the argument of "you should feel free to wear anything your heart desires". And yes, I do wear anything my heart desires, but if I truly know that someone will not flatter the way I look at all or if I just isn't cut to the proportions of my corgi-like body ... I'm not going to force myself to fit into something that is made for the "general/ideal" body-type.
Haha, honestly ... I don't even remember where I was going with this, but I'll end on a positive note!
I'm happy with the clothes I wear and it makes me who I am and to me ... it's about comfort. Wear what makes you comfortable and honestly, it really does help give a light boost to your day when you feel good. Go to the beat of your own drum! That's the ticket to being happy, honestly.
Alright. Yeah. That's it. Bye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment