You know, after Nanay passing ... I wanted to make the effort in making sure I spent as much time with the people I love because we only had two and a half weeks with her and she just left. Imagine? I thought she was going to be at my wedding ... I thought she was going to be there to hold my children and take care of them. Time is so short ... I didn't want to make that mistake with anyone else. So the fact that I was completely bombarded with all these feelings, I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting any time anymore.
I've known these people for my whole life. MY WHOLE LIFE.
I've sit down and thought a lot about the everyone in my life - the people who don't try and the people worth fighting for. I've come to terms with the fact that sometimes, people will just never try as hard as you do and that's okay. And honestly, it's okay to let go of people. It happens and not all friendships are worth the time and effort as time goes on. Sometimes you have to take a step back and let people walk out of your life, or even take the first step out yourself.
And just remember, it's okay. People come and go and you'll realize who is worth your troubles or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment