MAD MAX: FURY ROAD
I think Mad Max (so far in twenty-fifteen) has definitely become one of my favorite movies of all time.
If you're into awesome cinematography, action, a story line that isn't about love, interesting characters, and a movie that will honestly just keep you interested the whole way ... this is for you. I honestly am a big fan of apocalyptic story lines, but I feel like even if you weren't, this movie would still get your attention in all the greatest ways possible. The movie shows the fall of humanity and how it has become broken because of the scarce of necessities. Everything is basically ruled by one man who controls the food, water, oil, and gasoline source in a wasteland dessert. Oh, and if you still don't have a reason to watch this movie, Furiosa is such a badass and Tom Hardy plays Max (I think that's a good enough reason to watch it now right? lol).
DOPE
Okay, let me start off by saying that I'm surprised that I haven't heard any raves about this movie anywhere because I actually really enjoyed this film for it's story line and how relevant it is to today's issues and for the awesome cinematography. I could honestly tell that the colors int his film were very strategic. From what the characters wore to how they even filtered the film, it was honestly just so nice to watch and look at.
Anyways, this film is about an African American teenager who is straight "A" student, doesn't get into any trouble, has a band with his friends, and is applying to college. I think you can see where I'm going with this - this film is commenting on how the media and the stereotypes of an African American or any person of color are affected by just because of the color of their skin and where they are raised. So the main character ends up getting into a bad situation involving the selling of drugs and he basically tries his best to get himself out of it the smart way. I honestly don't want to give too much away, but I honestly really enjoyed this film and I loved a lot of the relevance of it as well. There's a bunch of rappers in this film too if that will even get you to give this film a chance: from Vince Staples to ASAP Rocky, there's a big random bunch of celebrities in here. Oh, and it was executively produced by Pharrell. Overall, if you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it. I went into the movie not thinking too much of it but I walked out loving it.
This is an obvious one because of all the great reviews it has got basically everywhere, but yes I am apart of the "I LOVED THIS MOVIE" group. *warning: this review is everywhere*
I think the thing that I loved most about it was how relevant the issues in this movie STILL are and how they are STILL occurring. From issues of judging a person of color for what they wear and to how they look, it definitely commented a lot about those issues and I loved that this film highlighted the crimes that were happening during that time as well and how it's something that is way too fucking familiar (which honestly kills me). Like all the riots that were happening that brought even gangs together ... does that sound familiar? If not, brush up on some of the current media involving the harassment and murders of people of color and you'll see that gangs who've hated each other for years come together because they cannot stand to see another innocent person of color gone again. It's fucking sad how relevant these issues are and I hope this film was a wake up call for a lot of people in opening their eyes that this has and is still an ongoing issue. BUT straying away from the harshness I started off with (my bad lol), I loved seeing the development of each character and how they got to where they are today.
The music got me hyped throughout the whole movie, obviously. Just seeing why some of the songs were written and their purpose was awesome. Also, seeing how the industry and is and how money changes people is always something that I've recognized a lot within the music industry during the 90s from documentaries that I've watched such as Aaliyah, TLC, N*sync and the Backstreet Boys. So random (lol), but yes. Any who, I liked this movie. There's obviously a bunch of things I want to say that I have become completely forgot to mention, but yes to this movie.
INSIDE OUT
Inside Out was more than just a cute and well thought Pixar film to me. I honestly wish this movie came out when I was younger because I had no idea what emotions were or how to handle them before (like all pre-teens) but I went south and went to the darkest places in my mind and it really hurt me. Inside Out hit home so badly for me. I loved it so much. A lot like Sadness, I was always told that I couldn't be sad and that being sad was a bad thing. I think that's why I resonated so harshly with her. I was told a lot of things when I was younger and I wish I was just told that expressing myself was the most important thing I needed to focus on.
Because of that idea in my head and how everyone around me would tell me that I wasn't allowed to cry because it's embarrassing and sad, I always felt like one day it would blow up on me and I wouldn't have control (and of course, it did and I blew up). This movie is so important to me and I can't explain how much I would have loved to see it as a middle schooler who was trying to understand herself. Also talking to my little cousins about the movie, I love that they kept asking me about why they felt sad and why they felt joy and anger. I'm so happy that they're asking questions and that I'm here to answer them. I want them to know how important it is to express yourself in every way possible. I hope they know that and I'm so glad they learned from this movie.
Oh and also the wonderful Bing Bong - can't forget about Bing Bong.
PAPER TOWNS
So about Paper Towns ...
Yeah, no. Hahahahaha
So I read the book and I didn't like it very much, but I wanted to see it played out on the movie screen and ... I still didn't like it. Haha, go figure. In the movie they made Margo's bitchy attitude go away and I hated that they sugar coated her bitchiness. Like no, she was a bitch in the book ... let her be a bitch in the movie! I loved how cute Q was in both the book and the movie, but it still didn't make up for anything.
But I guess the one thing I liked about this story was that it was a lot about loss and figuring yourself out. But other than that, yeah this movie and book was whatever. hahaha
So this obviously isn't all the movies I've seen or even wanted to do, but those are just some thoughts, I guess. I'm honestly open to every type of film out there, so if anyone is reading this, recommendations would be nice!






No comments:
Post a Comment