some shoes

As much as I wanted to show how I style these shoes, all my clothes are currently in boxes ready for the move to Cerritos this Saturday!

I'm just the type of person who loves to wear shoes. Slippers aren't really my thing, but I do plan on trying it out sometime ... but for all my life and currently, i've just always felt comfortable in shoes and I don't think that will change anytime soon.

It's a bit weird, but I'm just the type of person that identifies a lot with the shoes I wear. It, for some reason, is just a reflection of who I am as a person I guess. I mean, think about it, I don't wear combat boots (other than my Doc Martens), I don't wear slippers, I don't like Jordan's that much, and the biggest no no for me is all black shoes from laces to soles. In my opinion, the shoes you wear are a reflection of your style and your decisions. OKAY, that was too far lol. I can't explain it.

Though I love shoes, I'm not one to splurge on shoes, however when I do I make sure it's on shoes that I absolutely love - which brings me to this! 

Let's start off with the obvious shoe that I've loved and always repurchased since I was in the seventh grade - the infamous SK8-HI.

SK8-HI

Yes, these have become "all the rage" within the last couple of years but it's always been a staple shoe for me and I know for sure that I will always continue to wear them as well. It's just like Prison Issues. Though they were discontinued (and I'm still heartbroken about that), it's the type of shoe that i've been through at least seven pairs of them and I would get them as gifts every year for almost six years. As you can tell, when I like a shoe and find a comfort in them, I will stick with it and it will be my "go-to". I usually only purchase black shoes because it's just easier to pair with anything, but I decided to go with the blue accent SK8-HI's because I felt like I needed to do something different with my choices. Haha!

But honestly, as much as everyone already knows it, SK8-HI's just work for and with anything. I wear them to theme parks and I can last the whole day with them on without my feet killing me. They are sturdy and I even wear them with a dress and they still look great. They last longer than Chucks (in my opinion). It's just a great way to take a shoe and give it that street or even grunge look depending on the vibe you want to go for. Oh, and it looks great with just a pair of jeans and a simple graphic tee or even plain tee. They just go with everything. Everyone just go get them if you never have. 

HUARACHE

So I just got these shoes today, but let me fucking tell you ... THEY ARE GREAT and I just needed to do a review right now! So I know ... I know .... I'm late to this shoe game, but like I said above: I'm not one to splurge on shoes and it definitely takes me a long time to even allow myself to spend so much, but with the convincing of my great friend Joseca, she finally got me to realizing I needed them ... and it was so worth the purchase! I know that these shoes come in a lot of various colors, but I needed them in just black and white because I wanted to be able to wear these shoes with almost everything I own (that's just the type of way I always went about purchasing a pair of shoes or anything in that matter). But anyways! Back to this review!

These shoes are definitely very comfortable. I walked around my house and wore them for about 3 hours so far and they are great! I think the only down side to these are how fucking tight they are and how much of a bitch they are to put on. They are super snug so slipping my foot in the shoe was a little difficult. But other than the difficulty of putting the shoe on, it's so damn comfortable over all. I honestly felt like I was walking on a tempurpedic mattress (lol!). But as late I was to these shoes, I honestly still recommend it to those who haven't purchased them yet! Overall, so damn comfortable and I can't wait to style these! 


Alrighty, so as much as I wanted to talk about the rest of my shoes, they are all boxed up and ready to be driven to our new house in Cerritos! However, I've been wanting to do a blog post on my staple/essential shoes that I own! So hopefully when I get all settled in this weekend, I'll be able to start on that post!

Also, I want so badly to keep writing and blogging, so I've definitely have some things up my sleeve to write about that I've already listed on my stickies, so hopefully I pull through with it!

Thanks for reading! Later days!




Love,

Deniza

No comments:

Post a Comment